Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
A prominent and personable physiatrist is looking to add another Full-Time Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to his team of 2 MD’s and 1 PA. Located in Nassau County, Long Island, this position is very rewarding as you will be an integral part in practicing rehabilitative medicine and creating and implementing a rehabilitation plan for patients who have suffered conditions such as: CVA, spinal chord injuries, amputations, orthopedic complications, neurological complications, etc…
- Performing History and Physical examinations, prescribing medications as needed, ordering and interpreting diagnostic modalities, completing chart notes
- Ordering Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy as needed.
- Creating modifications to a patient's rehabilitation program as needed.
- Providing consults
- Opportunity for growth and learning: Wound Care, Electrodignostic Medicine (EMG/NCV), Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy, Palliative Medicine
- Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Maybe some weekend Call
- No telephone On-Call
- New York State Licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Having a car is a plus
- Willing to train. NEW GRADS WELCOME!
- Salary $80,000 - $110,000+ (Commensurate with experience)
- 2 weeks Personal Time Off (For 1st year)
- 3 days off for CME
- $1000 CME reimbursement
- Malpractice Insurance
- DEA Fee (If needed)
- Stipend for Health Insurance up to $750/mo (If Needed)
- Annual end of year bonus (discretionary)
For consideration for this amazing career opportunity please send resume to: PhysMed@PremierMedJobs.com